Finally, a single-seater Nuclear Option
Enjoy the 450hp/ton MEV Atomic today!
Exomotive no longer distributes the MEV Atomic or other RTR kits as of January 2013
Remember that life-altering moment when you first drove a go-kart as a child? Relive that moment with the raw performance of the Atomic. Designed from the start for a perfect weight distribution with the engine to the side of the driver. The Atomic also features a shaft driven rear axle which means this bike engined car is just as happy in traffic as the track. If you are ready to attack your local road and track in the lightest way possible, this is the exocar for you.
The Atomic’s chassis is a fully triangulated steel space frame and has been designed to provide a high level of strength for the single-seat exocar. The main chassis tubes are arranged efficiently to absorb the loads at the node points such as the roll hoop and the top of the suspension connection points. The design used computer simulated loads and was refined through real world testing.
The 998cc power plant from the R1 provides 150hp on tap for your 735 pound Atomic. With such a high power-to-weight ratio you are in the company of supercars. Since ride quality is always a personal preference, the Atomic features fully adjustable suspension that can be adjusted in ride height and damping to achieve the perfect feel for the driver. For steering, a 2.8 turn lock-to-lock rack is included standard or choose to upgrade to a 2.4 turn unit with faster ratio.
Oh, and if this isn’t crazy enough for you, don’t forget that you can get turbo kits for the R1 motor to push it to 235hp…
Yamaha R1 Donor Components
Builders of the MEV Atomic have the choice of purchasing new parts or using a donor to obtain the majority of parts not included in the kit. Since many parts of the donor are unneeded, we recommend buying a decent 1998-2006 Yamaha R1, remove the parts you need and sell the remaining parts on eBay, Craigslist, or Message Boards. In our experience from customer builds, you can recover a significant portion of the cost of the donor R1. The following components can be provided by the Yamaha R1 donor bike:
- Engine & Transmission
- Wiring Loom
MEV Atomic Specifications
Length: 11.51 feet
Width: 5.83 feet
Height: 3.67 feet
Weight: ~735 pounds
Atomic Base Kit – $9,523
- Tubular space frame ready to accept R1 Engine & Transmission
- Pro Tech adjustable shock absorbers with coil over springs
- Front and Rear Suspension Arms with Polyurethane Bushings and ball joints
- Front Uprights with hubs and radial brake caliper mount
- Rear Uprights with hubs, calipers, discs and pads
- Hand Brake and Cables
- Pedal set with master cylinders
- Driveshafts and adapter for R1 gearbox
- Alloy front and rear bulkheads, center console and floor
- GRP Set: Hood, Front & Rear Fenders with steel mounting brackets
- Smoked polycarbonate wind deflector
- 5 gallon fuel tank with locking cap
- Steering Column
- Steering Rack
- Assembly Guide
- One sport GRP seat – $205
- Powder Coating of chassis and suspension components – $575
- High Spec front brake package four piston calipers, drilled and slotted rotors, and EBS brake pads – $685
- Complete Goodridge Brake Line Kit – $400
- Quick ratio steering rack kit – $185
- Lighting & Wiring Kit – $390
- Electric Reverse System – $630
- Kliktronic electronic steering wheel mounted gear shift – $998
- Kliktronic flappy paddles for gearshift – $605
- Kliktronic ignition interrupt module for no-lift gear changes – $280
Current lead time is approximately 8-12 weeks. Built to order by RTR in Nottingham. Shipping, insurance, import duties and fees can range from $600-$2000 depending on your location. We will make every effort to minimize these costs.
*Exomotive no longer distributes the MEV Atomic or other RTR kits as of January 2013*
Stuart Mills demonstrates the 450hp/ton awesomeness of the MEV Atomic
R1-powered MEV Atomic out for a shakedown run
Performance, handling and roadholding to which the key is balance… that’s what the MEV Atomic has in spades.
The MEV Atomic and tR1ke are the UK’s maddest exo cars.
…the kit form equivalent of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button’s McLarens.